A Short Story

I rode my bike down the road too the bridge above the creek. It had rained yesterday so the water was above average hight and flowing hard. I pulled over into the woods on my bike and dropped it off into the bushes. I came out of the woods and back onto the bridge to look down at he flowing water. I watched as the leaves got sucked under by the current and then resurfaced a couple seconds later on a calmer stretch of the creek. After watching the water for a while I walked along the bridge to the other side where there was a tiny pond off to the left side of the road. I walked up to the bank of the shallow pond. The water was sort of murky.
     I made a cast and my lure skipped across the surface of the water all the way to a log sticking up out of the water. The lure skipped and bounced off the log with a thud and then sank slowly into the water. It hadn't even reached the bottom when I felt a giant tap and set the hook. The line shot off to the side and then a big bass flew out of the water two feet into the air. It was shaking it's head back and forth and I could see my lure dangling from it's lip. After what seemed like forever, the fish landed back into the water head first. Once the bass' head was back under the water, I felt the tension build up and then release as the lure came flying out of the water and over my head. Just like that, the fish was off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

reading blog 10

Fall Break Free Post

Response to "Harrison Bergeron"